Sunday, August 26, 2018

To All the Boys I've Loved Before~ The Movie


I am an Amazon Associate member. By clicking on links on this blog and then purchasing something from Amazon, I will receive a small commission. Thank you!

Y'all. I seriously loved this movie. LOVED IT. I haven't read Jenny Han's book, but I was vaguely familiar with the premise of the book. So, on this lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided to check out the movie on Netflix. It was soooo good!! It reminded me of a late 1990s-early 2000s rom-com (which, of course, are the best rom-coms!). Here's the basic premise:
1. Girl writes love letters to all her crushes assuming they will never be seen.
2. The letters are mailed without her knowledge.
3. Drama ensues.

My thoughts:

1. The acting was top notch.
2. John Corbett plays the father of the main character, Lara Jean. So what this means to my not quite a teen anymore heart: Aidan from Sex in the City is a daddy. Yay!
3. Lana Condor does a terrific job being Lara Jean. I love this character and related really well to her.
4. Noah Centineo is an adorable love interest.
5. This movie held my attention, made me laugh out loud, and warmed my heart with the romance. I honestly can't remember the last movie that has done all three of these things. Thanks to work, school, and technology, my attention span is about a third of what it once was. To keep my attention alone is a pretty lofty endeavor. Well done, Netflix. Well done.

Here's the book, if you want to read it before watching:


Happy watching/reading!! 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Cozy Book Blog Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon