Thursday, August 16, 2018

Books N Tunes Challenge: Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby


I am an Amazon Associate member. By clicking on links on this blog and then purchasing something from Amazon, I will receive a small commission. Thank you!

Today, I'm going to do my first book blog challenge, Books N Tunes Challenge, created by A Delighted Reader. I accepted the challenge of Level One (which means ten songs) that form a playlists to go along with a book I read. Today, I'm going to discuss one of my new favorite books, Man Hands.


Title: Man Hands by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby
Received: Bought on Amazon for Kindle
Rating: 💖💖💖💖💖

This book definitely goes on the keeper shelf! I cannot say enough good things about it. For a book to get my keeper shelf stamp of approval, it has to be a book that I would want to re-read again. This book definitely fits the bill. It is laugh out loud funny, steamy, sexy, and just an overall "make you smile" kind of book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a lot of sex humor and some language, so just know that. 

Some things that stood out to me about this book: 

1. Brynn, our heroine, is thirty-four years old. I like that. The older I get, I often have a harder time relating to heroines in their early twenties (of course, there are always exceptions). Generally, I find myself enjoying romances with the heroines being in their late twenties or older. 

2. Competency all the way around. Brynn is a food blogger and amazing cook. Tom, our hero, is the star for a home improvement channel (a la HGTV). Lots of job/hobby competency going on. 

3. Humor and Sex: Some books try to juggle being funny and steamy all at the same time and fail. This book was able to be funny and steamy without being over the top or cheesy. 

4. Fast paced. I inhaled this book, which is something I really need in my reading life right now. I'm just not at the point of life where I want a long, descriptive door stop of a book.

So....now to the tunes! Here is my playlist to go along with Man Hands

1. "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)"~ Rupert Holmes
2. "Summer Love/Set the Mood (Prelude)" ~ Justin Timberlake
3. "Desperate Man"~ Eric Church
4. "Somethin' Bad (Duet with Carrie Underwood)"~ Miranda Lambert
5. "Super Freak"~ Rick James
6. "Hungry Like The Wolf"~ Duran Duran
7. "It's Raining Men"~ The Weather Girls
8. "What I Like About You"~ The Romantics
9. "Love So Soft"~ Kelly Clarkson
10. "My Guy"~ Mary Wells 

Check out Man Hands HERE

Hope you enjoy this review and Books N Tunes Challenge. What have you read lately? Any songs you think I should add to this playlist? 

2 comments:

Sophia Rose said...

I've seen this book really be a hit for everyone who reads it. I love how you describe it. One of these days... LOL

What a fun playlist! I see a few favs there with Miranda Lambert, Rick James, and Duran Duran. The Kelly Clarkston was great, too.

My Cozy Book Blog said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed it. It is one of those books that is just a fun, easy read. Hope you get to read it at some point:) This was my first time to make a playlist for a book. It was so fun!! Love the Books N Tunes Challenge!

Post a Comment

 

My Cozy Book Blog Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon